Ridgefield Professional Firefighters protect the Town of Ridgefield from two stations. Each station is staffed 24 hours a day by professional firefighters. Station 1 (Headquarters) is located in the center of town on Catoonah Street and is staffed with a minimum of six firefighters. The Ridgebury section of town is staffed by two firefighters housed in Station 2 located on Old Stagecoach Road. Ridgefield Fire Department runs a 9-man shift with 8-man minimum staffing.
Engine 1 Engine 2 Medic 1, 2, 3
The career staff of Ridgefield Fire Department regularly staff the following apparatus:
- Engine 1 - 2012 E-1 eMax Pumper. Engine 1, located in the Catoonah Street station is the main workhorse of the Ridgefield Fire Department. This engine carries 740 gallons of water, 1000 feet of supply hose, inboard Class A and Class B foam, eDraulic rescue equipment, ice water rescue suits, a full set of advanced life support gear, rope rescue equipment, and numerous other pieces of fire and rescue equipment.
- Engine 2 - 2016 Spartan / 4 guys . Engine 2 is located in the Ridgebury section of town. Similar to Engine 1, it carries 750 gallons of water, supply hose, and rescue equipment. Engine 2 also has a full set of advanced lift support equipment, allowing the northern residents of the town to receive paramedic-level care as soon as possible.
- Medic 1 - 20011 Ford/Lifeline Superliner Ambulance.
- Medic 2 - 2014 GMC/Lifeline Superliner Ambulance. The Ridgefield Professional Fire Fighters are capable of delivering the highest quality of pre-hospital emergency medical care to Ridgefield. In addition to the standard advanced lift support equipment carried by most ambulances, our paramedics are capable of ECG telemetry, advanced airway procedures, carbohemoglobin monitoring, and narcotic pain management.
- Medic 3 - 2016 Chevy/Lifeline Superliner Ambulance.
The Fire Marshal fleet consists of three vehicles:
Car 5 Car 6
- Car 5 - 2018 Dodge Durango
- Car 6 - 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
In addition to the apparatus dedicated to the career staff, Ridgefield Professional Firefighters have immediate access to a variety of apparatus normally handled by the RVFD:
- Engine 3 - 1997 Seagrave
- Truck 8 - 1985 Sutphen
- Tanker 4 -
- Tanker 12 - 2002 Mack
- Rescue 7
Page Last Updated: Jul 22, 2022 (10:42:14)