Ridgefield Professional Firefighters protect the Town of Ridgefield from two stations that are staffed 24 hours a day by professional fire fighters. Station 1 is located in the center of town on Catoonah Street and is staffed with a minimum of six firefighters. The Ridgebury section of town is served by two firefighters housed in RFD Station 2. Ridgefield Fire Department runs a 8 man shift with a 8 man minimum staffing.
The career staff of Ridgefield Fire Department regularly staff the following aparatus:
- Engine 1 - 2012 E-1 eMax Pumper. Engine 1, located in the Catoonah Street station is the main work horse of the Ridgefield Fire Department. This engine carries 740 gallons of water, 1000 feet of supply hose, inboard Class A and Class B foam, hydraulic rescue equipment, ice water rescue suits, a full set of advance life support gear, rope rescue equipment, and numerous other pieces of fire and rescue equipment.
- Engine 2 - 2016 Spartan / 4 guys . Engine 2 is located in the Ridgebury section of town. Simular to Engine 1, it carries 750 gallons of water, supply hose, and rescue equipment. Engine 2 also has a full set of advanced lift support equipment, allowing the northern residents of town to receive paramedic level care as soon as possible.
- Medic 1 - 20011 Ford/Lifeline Superliner Ambulance.
- Medic 2 - 2014 GMC/Lifeline Superliner Ambulance. The Ridgefield Professional Fire Fighters are capable of delivering the highest quality of pre-hospital emergency medical care to Ridgefield. In addition to the standard advanced lift support equipment carried by most ambulances, our paramedics are capable of ECG telemetry, advanced airway procedures, carbohemoglobin monitoring, and narcotic pain management.
- Medic 3 - 2016 Chevy/Lifeline Superliner Ambulance. Check out photos of this ambulance in our Photo Gallery.
In addition to the apparatus dedicated to the career staff, Ridgefield Professional Firefighters have immediate access to a variety of apparatus normally handled by the RVFD:
- Engine 3 - 1997 Seagrave
- Truck 8 - 1985 Sutphen
- Tanker 12 - 2002 Mack
- Car 5 - 2007 Ford Expedition
- Car 6 - 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Page Last Updated: Feb 23, 2021 (13:18:02)